New Jersey Wrongful Death Lawyers
Medical malpractice can and does kill patients in New Jersey and across the United States. Over 225,000 wrongful deaths are caused each year by medical malpractice. The majority of these deaths could have been prevented, since they were all caused by the negligence of a medical professional. The statistics are staggering:
- 106,000 deaths per year due to negative effects of drugs.
- 80,000 deaths per year due to infections in hospitals.
- 20,000 deaths per year due to other errors in hospitals.
- 12,000 deaths per year due to unnecessary surgery.
- 7,000 deaths per year due to medication errors in hospitals.
Wrongful Deaths due to Medical Malpractice
There are several ways that medical malpractice can result in a wrongful death in New Jersey or any state:
- Medication errors. When a patient is given the wrong drug or the wrong dose of the correct drug, they could suffer fatal complications.
- Bacterial infections. Patients can become infected with new drug-resistant bacteria while at a hospital having routine procedures performed.
- Defective medical products. People die every day from defective medical devices.
- Surgical mistakes or carelessness.
- Hospital negligence. Accidents by doctors, nurses or hospital employees can result in death.
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose. If a physician doesn’t properly diagnose a patient or misreads pathology reports, the patient could die.
- Anesthesia mistakes. Anesthesiologists routinely make errors that cause fatalities.
- Negligent follow-up care. Physicians who do not adequately provide responsible follow-up care to their patients could cause the patient’s death.
- Birth injury and delivery errors. Poor judgment can result in the death of a mother or her child.
How We Can Help During a Wrongful Death
Obviously, we cannot bring your loved one back to you, but we can lessen any financial burden you might have from the medical expenses incurred by the death of a family member. We can also obtain compensation for your loved one’s pain and suffering and your loss of companionship, loss of future earnings, funeral costs, and other expenses.
The New Jersey wrongful death attorneys at Mazie Slater Katz & Freeman have been fighting for the rights of victims whose loved ones suffered a wrongful death due to medical malpractice. We take these cases seriously and we aggressively research every case so that we can pinpoint the cause of the fatality. We have had tremendous success handling cases of wrongful death due to medical malpractice, such as:
- A $3 million jury verdict for medical malpractice that led to the wrongful death of a forty-year-old New Jersey man.
Because of our success in medical malpractice lawsuits, we have been named to the Best New Jersey Medical Malpractice Attorneys list by the Best Lawyers in America publication.
Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice resulting in wrongful death, contact our experienced New Jersey wrongful death attorneys today. One of our New Jersey wrongful death attorneys will contact you within twenty-four hours to discuss your medical malpractice case and wrongful death claim. We will fight to get the settlement you deserve for the loss of your loved one.